Friday, July 31, 2009

Tony Stewart's Pocono Ride: Shall We Swag Now Or Should We Swag Later?


Tony Stewart’s No. 14 Chevrolet paint scheme seems to be all the rage in Pocono. The team rolled out a sexy beast of a machine for this weekend’s Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500.

The car, wrapped in deep ruby red and shimmering silver, highlights Old Spice’s “Swagger” brand.

Let me tell you, I’m not a “car guy” as far as looks go, but this thing is smokin’ hot! Dripping with sticky-sweet, cherry coated lusciousness, it proves that this is not your father’s Old Spice!

It begs the question, “shall we swag now or should we swag later?”

Oh Behave!

Although the paint scheme is new, the car is the same one that he took to Victory Lane at Pocono back in June, giving Stewart full, unrestricted license to swag.

After running sixth fastest in a rain shortened practice, Stewart paid homage to the ride that scored him his first points race win at the tricky triangle, saying “I’m happy with our Old Spice Swagger car. It’s got some attitude this weekend. Made me smile when I got in it, made me smile even more when I got out and looked at it, it’s pretty fast.”

Stewart was not the only one to be impressed with the car, during an interview, Speed TV's Bob Dillner seemed positively swaggerized.

“Cool paint scheme, this looks good, as good as you all shaven. “[You] look about maybe 10 years younger, actually you look real good! I mean there’s not much gray, you’re clean shaven, you got a fast race car?”

Pulling Stewart's teammate Ryan Newman into the conversation he asked, "What do you think about him? He looks pretty sharp there all clean shaven!”

Taken aback, Stewart replied, “Why are guys talking about how guys look?”

Dillner quickly shot back, “I said you looked younger, not good!”

(I beg to differ Dillner, check the tape!)

Humerously uneasy about the direction the interview had taken, Stewart remarked, “When you start asking him (Newman) about it, it makes me nervous.”

"[There are] a lot of suspicious questions when men start talking about…men. Besides, this guy, [Ryan] is younger than me & better looking than me”

Wanting no part of the swag-fest, Newman replied, “I’ve seen his baby pictures, age doesn’t really matter!”

As a favorite headed into the race weekend and sitting on the pole, thanks in part to a rained out qualifying effort, will Stewart sweep the competition and swagger into Pocono's Victory Lane for the second time this season?

The car, decked out with a set of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view, has such a fabulous body, I’m betting that it swags like a minx!

If it does once again take the checkered flag, Stewart might just find himself in yet another role, that of serial swagger!

So here’s to the No. 14 Chevrolet, swag it rotten baby, and “Thanks Old Spice!”

Umm, Hello…paging Dr. Freud!

Wrapping of the No. 14 Old Spice "Swagger" Chevrolet

kara martin - bleacher report

No comments:

Post a Comment